I had a conversation today with Jim Kizielewicz, SVP of Corporate Strategy and Chief Marketing Officer, from Kronos about the acquisition. This is what I learned:
- Deploy's solution will become Workforce Acquisition for Field Hiring v8. It is immediately available. Workforce Acquisition for Field Hiring v8 will be the platform upgrade path for existing Unicru customers (Workforce Acquisition v6 and v7 customers). Kronos will incorporate content from the Unicru solutions (assessment and analytics) into the Deploy platform.
- Kronos will continue to offer the Workforce Acquisition for Corporate Hiring solution through its recently announced partnership with MrTed. There is some overlap with the Deploy as it supports requisition-based hiring. However, according to Kronos, most of the salaried hiring customers for Deploy are on legacy solutions, not the new integrated salaried/hourly platform (called aTAO).
- It will be approximately 90 days before Kronos will be ready to start migrating existing Unicru customers to the new platform. Kronos will continue to support both solutions, but Unicru customers should expect ultimately to migrate to the new platform.
- Kronos has reorganized the Talent Management division. There will be a Talent Management - West (Unicru) which will continue to focus on content (assessment and analytics) and a Talent Management - East (Deploy) which will focus on the development of the platform.
- Kronos also is keen to leverage the platform to expand into performance management (initially through the performance scorecarding functionality that Deploy had built).
I do not think I will be publishing a First Take on this, but if you are a Gartner client and have questions on the acquisition, please feel free to set up an inquiry.