I have been heads down working on the update to the MarketScope for Employee Performance Management Software. I have been fitting in reference calls whenever I can get them scheduled. The process has gone well so far. Here are some of my learnings so far (to get the full detail you will need to read the published research):
- Hosted/SaaS solutions are well-accepted by customers (not a big surprise)
- Relatively few customers have adopted integrated Performance/Succession or Performance/Compensation solutions
- Even fewer customers have adopted integrated Performance, Compensation, and Succession Management solutions
- There is relatively little adoption of succession management and compensation management solutions from EPM providers compared to Performance, Recruitment, and Learning
- Customer focus is on automation, not strategic use of talent management applications
Hopefully, this will whet your appetite a little bit. Greater detail will be forthcoming in the research notes.